Apr 11, 2013

TV You Should Be Watching On Netflix Instant Right Now

Spring is here and it's making a very awkward transition! It was 80+ degrees yesterday and my skin stuck to my clothes with sweat- while today there's supposed to be warm thunderstorms? What? Rain is the perfect time to make soup & hibiscus tea and turn on Netflix instant. *High Fives*. Ok, who doesn't have this yet? We have it on our Wii and it is absolutely vital to get through this weird Tennessee weather. Now, Netflix rotates shows in and out of its circulation on a constant basis, so by the time you read this, these selections may not be available. But for now, here is a list of TV you absolutely cannot miss on Netflix instant right now!


The Venture Bros.
Okay, so they only have season one available [on netflix instant] which is a HUGE shame. But it's a great starting off point. Venture Bros is by far my favorite show on television via adult swim. The last season (season 5) came out in 2010 so I've been waiting 3 years for the saga to continue. This show is like an abusive boyfriend that constantly abandons you, yet you always let it back into your life. Why? Maybe the sex is just that good...

Arrested Development
So I have a thing for wildly inappropriate, cleverly written television. This show is hilarious. All of the characters are totally hatable (including Michael, whose martyr complex is just pathetic). So you'll love all of the mixed up hilarious shit that happens to each of them. Wait, I lied, Michael Cera is lovable (as always). 

Adventure Time
What?! It looks like a kids show. And it is? But not at all. Again, only season one is available to watch on instant but get yourself started. Super fun writing for super fun people. This show instantly puts me in a good mood (and makes me want to pick up my ukelele). 

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Are you offended yet? No? Well, you will be now. From dumpster babies to bums jerking off in alley ways, this show has it all. Again, everyone is totally hatable. I am absolutely in love with Charlie [it's marriage threatening]. 

Archer
Thanks FX (again) for doing something right. If James Bond was a gigantic dick with serious mommy issues he would be Sterling Archer. The one liners are non-stop. Every second has me laughing.

30 Rock
I don't like Tina Fey in any of her movies except Mean Girls. But 30 Rock is it for her. Liz Lemon is my hero. You'll see why. 

Bobs Burgers
Bob's voice is done by none other than H. John Benjamin who also does the voice of the Orpheus' "master" in The Venture Bros. and Archer in Archer. My favorite character in this show is Louise who's voice is mastered by Kristen Schaal (Hazel Wazzername from 30 Rock).

Mad Men
The only serious show on the list. I've been obsessed with this show since its inception. Set in the 1960's, it follows the mysterious Don Draper. He's a huge talent in ambitious advertising and scandal follows him everywhere. Sometimes it's hard to watch because you know that all of this oppression and cruelty was a reality not so long ago. 


There you have it! My ultimate list. This is not to say that there isn't plenty more great TV on Netflix instant, including but not limited to: Parks and Recreation, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Shaun the Sheep, Futurama, Home Movies, South Park, Myth Busters, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret etc. I think everyone should all just quit their jobs and watch tons of great TV all day. You can just get another one when you're finished. 

2 comments:

  1. Love me some Arrested Development, 30 Rock and Mad Men! I plan to re-watch AD before the new season comes out in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Arrested development- the new season and the movie! I am REALLY excited about this.

    ReplyDelete